Thursday, March 11

A post after one and a half months

This blog cannot die.

I'd just come on to look up the HDI rank of China for my HSC Economics exam, went on my gmail account, somehow ended up here and decided to post.

Yeah, I'm one of the unfortunate Baulko year 11 students who do accelerated economics, and haven't prepared for any of my other exams which are a week after Eco. And Eco is on Monday.

Honestly, it isn't that big of a deal. I've always stressed about the subject, but I think about it, and it's really just ONE subject. And a relatively easy one, at that. Yeah I gotta bit of memorising to do, but otherwise it's pretty much in the bag. And yeah, the word HSC freaks me out slightly but that's just because everyoneelse who does accelerated economics likes to parade around about how impossible their life is, and how they're going to get owned by the exam, and yet they all have their notes done and can recite statistics from the top of their head. But no, there's got to be panic, and things have to be blown out of proportion. Okay, not everyone is like that. But a lot of them are, so I prefer spending my lunchtimes with people who aren't doing the exam so I don't have a panic attack. I'm complimenting Sneha, Cynthia, Aaron and Sean and Emma Grey (Gray?) here.

Well, I realise economics is a boring thing to talk about. It's also pretty much a rant about my problems. So moving on.

The Nanny. It's funny, I guess. I love Niles and C. C. Babcock. But overall, it's kind of... cliche. Some characters are plain annoying and never funny, like Val. Typically blonde, impossibly stupid, and has nothing to do with anything. Fran Fine, well, the jokes get overdone i.e. we know she super materialistic, and connects everything to the fact that she's Jewish, and that she lies about her age and salary. And her mum - sheesh, we know she loves eating!!! And Niles hates his bloss ladida.

But whatever. I love the show, because noone cannot. The theme song is permanently in my head. I haven't been able to decipher the lyrics. I can't stand Mr. Sheffield and Ms. Fine as a couple, because Fran is wayyy to desperate for my liking, but it's still cute. I think I may have liked them more together if they didn't end up married by the end of it.

That's how I've always felt about Seinfeld. Elaine and Jerry. Nothing ever worked out, so it just left me liking them as a couple.

On that note (of "never working out") I better get back to work.

0 responses:

Post a Comment